- Published: 2018-09-18
- News Category: Shows
Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 28th March 2018
Geoffrey Ellerby President Arthur Rochester Vice-President
Brian McEwan Chairman Brian John Vice-Chairman
Chris Williams Festival Organiser
Delegates from BADA (Greg Smith, David Evans, Mair Evans, Simon Clark), Chelsfield Players (Cynthia Hearing), Farnborough DS (Sylvia Addison), Hayes Players (David Pascoe), Bromley Little Theatre (Pauline Armour), Phoenix Drama Group (Deborah Kelledy).
The President took the Chair and welcomed everyone to the meeting.
1. Apologies of Absence: received from Beckenham Theatre Centre, Theatre 62 and St George’s Players.
2. Minutes of the 2017 AGM held on 29th March 2017: The minutes were agreed and signed as a true record.
3. Matters Arising from the minutes: there were none.
4. Secretary’s Report: as acting secretary, Brian McEwan said there was nothing significant to report since the previous delegates’ meeting held 29th November 2017.
5. Treasurer’s Report: as acting treasurer, Brian John presented a set of accounts which had yet to be audited. He had been in touch with Ripley Arts Centre and Keston Village Hall regarding settlement of their outstanding invoices. He undertook to contact previous treasurer Margaret Glenn regarding the need to update both Nat West and the Charity Commission with respect to changes of treasurer, trustees and bank signatories since the previous AGM. Brian further undertook to remain as acting treasurer until these matters had been resolved after which he would step down. He concluded his report by requesting those societies which had not already done so, to pay their annual subs and festival fees as soon as possible.
6. Auditor’s Report and Adoption of Accounts for the year ended 31st Dec 2017: See item 5 above. Brian John undertook to request previous auditor Liz McAvy to audit accounts for the year ending 31st December 2017 in order for these to be adopted at the next delegates’ meeting.
7. Festival Organiser’s Report: Chris Williams circulated her report in which, despite the sudden withdrawal of our original adjudicator, Frances Glynne, due to her husband’s illness, she had been able to make the last minute appointment of Colin Dolley, an experienced GODA adjudicator. Chris was delighted to report a record 11 entries for this year’s festival and complimented our talented and dedicated societies’ on their wide range of plays and quality of productions. Chris further urged all our societies to explore ways in which they can not only support each other but also increase audience numbers by supporting each others’ productions.
8. Election of Officers: Geoffrey Ellerby and Arthur Rochester were unanimously re-appointed as President and Vice-President. Having agreed to remain as Vice Chair, Brian John was proposed by Brian McEwan, seconded by Arthur Rochester and equally unanimously re-appointed. In the event that no nominations had been received for the vacant positions of Chair, Secretary or Treasurer, Chris Williams offered to take up the appointment of Chair in addition to remaining as Festival Organiser. This was warmly proposed by Brian McEwan and seconded by Pauline Armour. In like fashion David Pascoe offered himself as Secretary and this too was warmly proposed by Greg Smith and seconded by Pauline Armour.
9. Any Other Business:
Brian McEwan proposed a vote of thanks to the President for chairing the meeting. Likewise Chris Williams thanked Brian McEwan for his tenure as Chair.
10. Date of next Delegates’ meeting: This had yet to be decided but should take place in July 2018 in accordance with the established calendar of 3 meetings per year.