- Published: 2019-06-18
- News Category: Shows
Present: Brian McEwan (Chair/Acting Secretary); Brian John (Vice-Chair/Acting Treasurer); Arthur Rochester (Vice President); Chris Williams (Festival Organiser); Greg Smith (BADA); Cynthia Hearing (Chelsfield); Wendy McDonnell (Farnborough); David Pascoe (Hayes); Beverley Ashman (Imperial Players); Debbie Griffiths (Phoenix Drama Group); Carole Spencer (Pratts Bottom); Pauline Armour (BLT).
- Apologies for Absence: Beckenham Theatre Centre.
- Minutes of the Meeting held on Wednesday 12th July 2017: were agreed and signed by the Chair as a true record.
- Matters Arising: The Chair proposed a vote of thanks to former BTG Treasurer and acting Secretary Margaret Glenn for her invaluable services to the Guild. Delegates supported the proposal unanimously. Debbie Griffiths confirmed Phoenix Drama Group as the official name of that society.
- Secretary’s Report: as acting Secretary, the Chair had nothing to report.
- Treasurer’s Report: as acting Treasurer, the Vice Chair had nothing to report.
- Festival Organiser’s Report: Chris Williams reported that an adjudicator had been appointed for the 2018 Festival and that entry numbers were already encouraging. The Chair undertook to book Keston Village Hall for the Awards Evening on Friday 22 June 2018.
- Any Other Business:
Nominations are invited for the positions of Chair, Secretary and Treasurer which will become vacant following the AGM.
Oxted run a one act play festival and would be happy to hear from any interested Guild societies.
And last but not least, thanks to Brian John for his admirable foresight in supplying delegates with wine and mince pies during the evening. Convivial discussion flowed!
- Date of Next Meeting: the next meeting will be the Annual General Meeting at Ripley Arts Centre on Wednesday 12th March 2018 at 8 pm.